Thursday, July 7, 2011

Still Pending--No Word Yet

It's been a week since my frantic last-minute signature-gathering effort and I'm still in "pending" status. I called today to see if there was an update and there is none. The voter registration office has some internally conflicting information, and the person who actually makes the decision to certify me is out of the office until next week. They have me on record for more than my required signatures, but the process hasn't been made official for some reason, and the office can't tell me why. I also was told that any of the people I registered to vote, who also signed my petition, cannot be added to the valid petition signatures if their voter registration was not verified prior to the certification deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment